The Knights Templar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Penalty of Death

3 posters

Go down

What should the penalty of death be?

The Penalty of Death I_vote_lcap100%The Penalty of Death I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
The Penalty of Death I_vote_lcap0%The Penalty of Death I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Penalty of Death I_vote_lcap0%The Penalty of Death I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

The Penalty of Death Empty The Penalty of Death

Post  TheHackyShack Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:54 am

I think death, especially in PvP, is a very contraversal topic when it comes to RP. In the past Ive RPd in games that ban you with death, give you a 3 life limit and several other options. Now, while I think banning is usually the best option It would never work here because

1: there are no other servers like this available on TDL and to make it unavailable to someone would suck

2: I dont know if that is even a possible funtion at this point in time.

So... I have two ideas that will possibly help this problem.

One would be to act as if there is no death. To fall in battle simply means you are injured and for a period of time you are to act as such IC and possibly will not be allowed to fight, use heavy weaponry etc...

My other idea is a bit more unforgiving. To die means to lose everything. If you die you are a new man, stript of your title and your rank. You can either choose to go back as a nomad and find your way back to a new faction or continue your current faction as the lowest possible rank.

If you have an idea then let your voice be heard and talk about it, Im sure this is a topic that is on a lot of peoples minds.

TheHackyShack

Back to top Go down

The Penalty of Death Empty Re: The Penalty of Death

Post  Unwoundpath Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

I'd say people get injured, as loosing a rank/character you've worked weeks or even months to get to a rank would put me off from playing for a bit.

This could work that way though, as long as promotions are common and plentiful.
Unwoundpath
Unwoundpath

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHackyShack Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:20 am

Unwoundpath wrote:I'd say people get injured, as loosing a rank/character you've worked weeks or even months to get to a rank would put me off from playing for a bit.

This could work that way though, as long as promotions are common and plentiful.

Yeah, I guess that is something we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves. I myself would also prefer the IC injury as of now though.

TheHackyShack

Back to top Go down

Post  Trefleh Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Because we are the only RP server that is established, I don't know how many people actually would want to rp. With this said I wouldnt want to ruin some new players time in our server by bitching at him to change rp char cuz he died.

Just thinking outloud, you can have multiple chars in the server, you might be able to see name over their head but they could be Steve instead of John. You wouldnt know which until you asked in char. So, maybe having 1 main char that can never really die in rp just to save some frustraction but you die with your other char named rake, then that char is dead never to come back again.

Any thoughts?

Trefleh

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHackyShack Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:03 am

I think that would work but they would need a specific set of clothes. Perhaps the each clan has a general color/set of armour and nomads just wear clothing. There would just have to be some way of figuring out who you are IC without asking.

TheHackyShack

Back to top Go down

Post  Trefleh Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 am

The point of RP is that you shouldnt know unless you have met them before or they are wearing something that tells you. I could wear a logo of the vultures but im in the templars, attack someone and the vultures could be blames even though you see my name and know im a Templar. This is what hardcore Rp is meant to be

Trefleh

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHackyShack Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:09 am

I guess I didnt think of it like that but it's a very cool concept. I wonder if names will be floating above players head. Hopefuly not or atleast be able to turn em off.

TheHackyShack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum