The Knights Templar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real World Branding

2 posters

Go down

Real World Branding Empty Real World Branding

Post  Unlucky Fri May 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Just an idea for IC; let's say my character loves cola. Well, IRL, I prefer Pepsi over Coca Cola. It has a smoother texture, blah blah... Anyway! My character would prefer one brand over another, right? But... which brand? We could easily say a "Cola" item is either. We wouldn't need to if there's already different brands in the game, of course, but if not... Well, that's what I'm getting at. Would we use real world brands, such as Coke or Pepsi, or would we make our own?

(I'm using cola as an example here, this post can be applied to almost anything (E.g. Firearms, if they're unnamed, food, cars, if they're unnamed, lines of stores, i.e McDonalds. The list goes on!).)

Unlucky

Location : The glorious land of Middle Earth. Also, New Zealand.

Back to top Go down

Real World Branding Empty Re: Real World Branding

Post  Trefleh Mon May 14, 2012 8:43 am

I think i understand what you mean, as in guns, there would be shotgun, id prefer 12 gauge over 20 gauge. I understand that but what i dont understand is do you want to name your own if there arent different brands or what?

Trefleh

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Mon May 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Oh, no, not rename 'em. Just... ICly call it summin else, other than the item name. So, say if I found a .12ga shotgun, I'd ICly head around calling it a Remmington 870 or something. Or if I were driving around on a bike, ICly, I could call it a Kawasaki Ninja. Cola'd be Pepsi, my crossbow'd be a Tenpoint, so on, so forth. I hope you understand what I mean; the more I talk, the more I confuse myself...

Unlucky

Location : The glorious land of Middle Earth. Also, New Zealand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trefleh Wed May 16, 2012 10:36 am

Ya i get it now, im hoping they have more specific names when the game comes out though, but i like this idea if they dont

Trefleh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum